With The Avengers: Age of Ultron’s theatrical release on the horizon, major upcoming blockbusters have been flaunting their stuff as of late. First Star Wars: The Force Awakens blew us away; then came Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice; and then there was The Fantastic Four. Now it’s Jurassic World’s turn to show off some big screen mayhem:
Former Bad Boy Records signee Black Rob is set to return with a new album later this month, entitled Geniuine Article.
In support of the new project, the rap vet stopped by Sway In The Morning, where he emotionally opened up about his health, dispelling rumors of drug use and confirming that he suffered a stroke.
Watch The Full Interview Below:
What if we all ate more foods that made us smarter? Scientists and doctors have said our brains typically stop growing or improving at age 26 but we’re not sure if we believe the hype. There are some foods that might increase your brain function and power that you probably have no idea about. It is possible that we could be wrong but there is very little harm in giving the following foods a try if you want to outshine the smart-aleck in your group of friends. Take a look below at a list of foods that can drastically increase brain productivity and memory.
1. Beets: Beets are extremely high in Vitamin B and help you process data and events quickly. Beets also help you better “recall” things that occurred in the past and improve memory function.
2. Anchovies: Okay, so anchovies aren’t the most popular fish whatsoever BUT these little things drastically protect your brain and slow down memory loss. Your brain will take a strong liking to anything with omega-3 fatty acids.
3. Berries: Berries, berries, and more berries. Blueberries, Strawberries, and Raspberries all improve your memory function.
4. Cayenne Peppers: If you love spicy food, you probably already season some of your meals with cayenne pepper. However, we suggest that you go and buy the actual peppers because these peppers carry a ton of capsaicin, which is a compound that our brain has plenty of receptors for. Capsaicin makes you much calmer and helps you focus better on the task at hand.
5. Brussel Sprouts: Brussel sprouts help to protect new brain cells and combat against radicals that may cause cancer. They may not be the best-tasting but the benefits take precedence over the taste.
6. Kale: Kale really became the “popular” vegetable in 2014 and continues to gain popularity in 2015 for its impact on diets. Independently of diets, the veggie actually slows down aging of the brain by an average of 1-2 years.
7. Pumpkin Seeds: Take a break from sunflower seeds and purchase some pumpkin seeds to up the tryptophan in your brain. Tryptophan is a compound that spurs the production of serotonin in your brain which improves your mood.
8. Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolate is actually one of the best foods you can eat contrary to popular belief that all chocolate is bad for you. Dark chocolate increases healthy blood flow to the brain, allows you to solve problems faster, and may improve your math skills. Out of all the foods listed above, Dark Chocolate probably also tastes the best.
Great news for the cast and crew of Furious 7: the latest entry in the franchise has passed $1 billion at the global box office. And in record time, too.
Universal announced Friday that Furious 7 will have made more than $1 billion worldwide by the end of day, according to estimates, crossing that major milestone in only 17 days. That makes Furious 7 the fastest live-action film to reach that number, ahead of Avatar, Marvel’s The Avengers, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2, all of which reached $1 billion in 19 days. Furious 7 has been open in the United States for 15 of the 17 days.
Furious 7 is now also the only film from Universal Pictures reach $1 billion in ticket sales during its initial theatrical run. (Jurassic Park only crosed the threshold after its 3D re-release in 2013.) James Wan’s film has taken in an estimated $273.7 million in North America over 15 days and $735.2 million overseas in 17 days. Overall, the latest film’s box office also pushes the entire Fast and Furious franchise to more than $3 billion around the globe.
“We’re incredibly proud to watch Fast & Furious take its place as the only original live-action franchise to reach these kinds of results at the box office,” president of domestic distribution at Universal Nick Carpou said in a statement.
We all know Jennifer Hudson has the vocal pipes to sing karaoke but she took it to another level with her carpool karaoke with Late Late Show host James Corden. It was all captured on video and it’s awesome.
In the viral clip, Corden picks up the Oscar-winning vocalist to drive her to his late-night show at CBS. How kind of him.
Once they hit the road, the two sing along joyously to “Trouble,” J.Hud’s current hit single with Iggy Azalea. Corden then gets hungry and stops by Astro Burger’s drive-thru where Hudson sings his order of cheeseburger, fries and a Diet Coke. Fast food never sounded this good. Ironically, the 33-year-old singer used to work at Burger King and sing to the customers before she became an R&B superstar.
But the highlight of the clip is when Hudson and Corden sing the classic song “And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going” from the Broadway musical Dreamgirls. Not only are we are impressed by Hudson acrobatic vocals skills, but Corden’s pipes are melodic as well.
Overall, we would love to have Jennifer Hudson sing with us during a road trip this summer. She is awesome!
Kanye West is always thinking of the innovative ways to explore his artistry and plan his next best move. This year alone he has already released new music and new Adidas sneakers, among other ventures. But now Yeezy is said to be expanding his empire to include a lead role on the big screen.
According to The Wrap, the “All Day” rhymer is rumored to be teaming up with director Spike Lee for Amazon Studios’ first movie project called Chiraq. While details surrounding the project are mum, Lee is reportedly looking at West and fellow Chi-City rhymer Common to star in leading roles. A-List actors Samuel L. Jackson and Jeremy Piven are also in talks for major roles in the film.
The film would allow Amazon.com, which has strictly focused on TV show streaming much like Netflix, to expand and produced original films. Although we have seen West make cameo appearances on the big screen before — he flexed his acting chops in Anchorman 2 and in 2008’s The Love Guru — this would be his first leading role.
Beyoncé Knowles and her husband Jay Z celebrated their seventh wedding anniversary in style with a romantic getaway to Hawaii at the beginning of April. The Flawless singer gave fans a glimpse at their trip by posting a series of holiday snaps to her website on Wednesday.
The mother-of-one appeared relaxed and in great spirits as she played up to the camera in a series of eye-catching swimsuits during the beachside getaway. Putting any pregnancy rumours to rest, Beyoncé showed off her toned physique in a snap of herself standing by a pool wearing a crochet cut-out swimsuit and wide brimmed hat. The couple returned from Hawaii in time to see Beyoncé’s mother Tina Knowles tie the knot with her own long-term love Richard Lawson on Sunday.